Prima Brand Review
Three individuals make up the core team at Prima—Laurel Angelica Myers, Christopher Gavigan, and Jessica Assaf. Together, these founders have created a premium brand that definitely exceeded our expectations when it came to CBD beauty and skincare.
Prima is uncompromising when it comes it their values and beliefs, and they illustrate this with a heavy emphasis on sustainability and accountability. They are a Certified B Corporation. To achieve this designation, companies must meet the “highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose”
Let’s look at Prima’s values in action for a moment:
- A portion of the brand’s annual profits is set aside to fund non-profits that align with the companies mission. Those organizations include the Sierra Club, the Wholistic Research & Education Foundation, and the Children & Nature Network
- They are 100% carbon neutral across their entire operations and supply chain and the brand is Climate Neutral Certified.
- Their products are 100% clean. What does this mean? They maintain their own banned list of over 2800 chemicals and materials they refuse to use in the formulation of their products. There is absolutely nothing harmful, carcinogenic, or even questionable in their products. They simply won’t have it.
- 85% of the brand’s packaging is recyclable, and they eschew one-time use plastics in favor of glass jars and bottles.
- Prima upholds high standards of accountability when it comes to working conditions and fair labor policies
In short, If you are looking to purchase your hemp-based skincare products from a company you cant feel good about supporting, you’ve just found it.
The hemp used to formulate Prima’s products isn’t just any biomass. It’s grown in Oregon using only organic farming methods. But it all starts way before planting begins. Using advanced genetics, their seeds have been optimized to produce plants with high concentrations of CBD and other cannabinoids like CBDA, CBG, CBN, and CBC.
The flowering part of their hemp is also cultivated to contain high percentages of therapeutic compounds like terpenes, flavonoids, amino acids, omega fatty acids, chlorophylls, vitamins, and minerals.
Instead of being cultivated in indoor greenhouses, the plants are grown biodynamically—which is a scientific way of saying they remain outdoors. They have the full advantages of sunlight, wind, rain, moonlight, and the natural rhythms of the earth, which the company feels creates a better plant overall.
While strong core values, ethics, and high-quality hemp are all essential when it comes to a CBD brand, the proof is in the products. We’ve used CBD skincare products in the past, and they are not always as advertised, so we went into testing Prima’s products cautiously.
To say the results were amazing is not an overstatement. Our tester evaluated two products— Afterglow Deeply Restorative Cream and Night Magic Intensive Facial Oil. Here’s what she had to say:
“After cleansing, I used Prima’s Afterglow Deeply Restorative Cream right before bed. It’s not as thick and greasy as some night creams, and that was a plus for me. I have dry skin that is showing signs of aging (I am 53) but I don’t like creams that leave an oily residue. Thankfully, the Afterglow went on smoothly and absorbed fast. I would definitely also use this as a daytime moisturizer during the cold, dry, winter months of the North.
I followed up the Afterglow cream with Prima’s Night Magic Intensive Facial Oil, and this is definitely my new favorite skincare product. I massaged about six or seven drops into my face and neck and after a few minutes my skin was silky smooth and my complexion looked even, healthy, and dewy. To give you an idea of the impact of the product, I kept admiring my skin in the mirror every time I got up in the night to use the restroom. It was that noticeable.
In the morning, my skin was even softer than when I went to bed. I am not sure if I would do this every day, but I did not want to strip the moisture away so instead of my usual cleanser, I just wiped my face with a warm washcloth and re-applied some of the Night Magic followed by no other makeup save a little mascara and lip gloss. My skin looked radiant the whole day and I even got several compliments. I do have to say I would caution against doing this on the regular without a sunscreen, though, as it could make you susceptible to burning.
I noticed in some other reviews that people love the product but dislike the smell. I don’t think it is overpowering, but to be fair, if you do not like the earthy, natural, smell of hemp you might not care for these two products. Personally, I found it pleasant.
Pricewise, these are high-end products that are not easy on the average pocketbook. However, a little goes a long way. I expect the one-ounce bottle of Night Magic to last me at least six months or more, for example. And frankly, I’m not sure if I ever want to be without this product no matter how much it costs. It’s that good!”
Fast Facts About Prima:
- Source of Hemp: Oregon, USA
- Quality: Organically farmed. No pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, petroleum-based chemical fertilizers, hydrocarbon solvents, or irradiation.
- Extraction Method: Supercritical CO2
- Third-Party Laboratory Results: Lab-tested five times throughout the supply chain by independent, ISO (Independent Standard Organization)-accredited labs. A batch tool is available on the site to input individual lot numbers.
- Customer Support: Have a Question? Text “Prima” to 27091 or Email the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shipping: Flat rate shipping of $8.00 on any order. Free shipping offered with some promotions.
- Returns: If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may request a full refund on the purchase price within 30 days.
Prima The Afterglow Cream Review
Highlights: Made with 500mg of broad-spectrum CBD (0%THC), contains four types of hyaluronic acid, vegan, no questionable ingredients, tested five times in the supply chain. Non-greasy formula.
15% Off Discount Code: CBDBR15
CLICK HERE to buy The Afterglow Cream by Prima
Prima Night Magic Facial Oil Review
Highlights: Intensive facial oil for hydration & radiance, with 300 mg of broad-spectrum CBD (0%THC), vegan, blended with Prickly Pear and Moringa, softens and evens skin tone, no questionable ingredients, gentle, 93% of users saw an improvement in skin appearance.
CLICK HERE to buy Night Magic Facial Oil by Prima
Prima The Daily Softgels Review
Highlights: 15 milligrams per softgel, Broad-spectrum CBD (0% THC), vegan, contains clove bud, black pepper, and curcumin oils, formulated with a blend of additional cannabinoids and terpenes to encourage the entourage effect.
CLICK HERE to buy The Daily Softgels by Prima
Prima R+R Cream Review
Highlights: Advanced recovery rub for soothing comfort, with 750 mg of CBD, contains tea tree, lavender, rosemary and peppermint to promote relaxation and comfort. Menthol and eucalyptus hemp cool and soothe aches and pains. Non-greasy, vegan, lab-tested, sourced from organically-grown hemp.
CLICK HERE to buy R+R Cream by Prima